Cavendish Avenue, Buxton, Derbyshire SK17 9AE

01298 22278

enquiries@burbage.derbyshire.sch.uk

Burbage Primary School

Extra-Curricular Clubs

We offer a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities to our children.  Between September 2022 and May 2023, 86% of our Y1-Y6 pupils attended at least one extra-curricular club.  We are encouraging the remaining 14% during the autumn term!

Please see the list of current clubs on offer, either as an after-school provision or as a lunchtime club.

Spring term clubs 2024

Day of the week 

Club 

Time 

Year groups 

Lead adult 

EVERY DAY 

Breakfast Club 

7:50-8:50am 

All 

n/a 

MONDAY

Textiles

Lunchtime

Y3&4

Mrs Simmon

MONDAY 

School Council 

Lunchtime 

Y2-6 

Mrs Hall 

MONDAY

Arts Council

Lunchtime

All

Mrs Walker

MONDAY 

MUSIC – guitar & ukulele 

During the day 

All  

Mr Lally 

MONDAY 

Yoga

3:20-4:20pm 

All 

TBC

TUESDAY 

French (see link below to book) 

12:20-12:50pm

Y3&4

Madame de Jager  

TUESDAY

SATs support

Lunchtime

Y6

Mrs Tomlinson

TUESDAY

Debate Club

12:30pm

Y5&6

Miss Selvey

TUESDAY 

MUSIC – guitar & ukulele & drums 

During the day 

All  

Mr Lally & Mr Milner 

TUESDAY 

Introduction to Martial Arts 

3:20-4:20pm 

All  

Paul Roberts 

WEDNESDAY 

French (see link below to book)  

12:20-12:50pm

Y1&2

Madame de Jager  

WEDNESDAY

LEGO Club

Lunchtime

12.30-1pm

Y3&4

Mrs Evans

WEDNESDAY

Book Club

Lunchtime

Y5

Miss Needham

WEDNESDAY

Craft Club

Lunchtime

All

Mrs Baker

WEDNESDAY

Drama Club

Lunchtime

KS2

Miss Moore

WEDNESDAY 

MUSIC – guitar & ukulele & violin 

During the day 

All  

Mr Lally & Mr Curteis 

WEDNESDAY

MUSIC - singing

During the day

All

Sophie Sully

WEDNESDAY 

Art/Craft

3:20-4:30pm 

All 

Mrs Barlow

WEDNESDAY

Multi-Sports

3:20-4:20pm

All

Qualitas

https://qualitassport.co.uk/shop/?activityid=34688 

WEDNESDAY 

Reading Club /

Quiet Space 

12:05-12:40pm

All

Mrs Oliver (in Mrs Thompson's class)

THURSDAY 

French  (see link below to book)

12:20-12:50pm

Y5&6  

Madame de Jager  

THURSDAY 

MUSIC - piano 

During the day 

All  

Ms Street 

THURSDAY 

Board games 

Lunchtime 

KS2

Miss Adams 

THURSDAY 

Choir 

Lunchtime 

KS2 

Mrs Shaw 

THURSDAY

Football

3:20-4:20pm

All

Qualitas

https://qualitassport.co.uk/shop/?activityid=34697 

FRIDAY

ECO Council 

Lunchtime 

ECO council

Mrs Fisher & Miss Lindop 

FRIDAY 

Running Club 

Lunchtime 

KS2 

Mr Tierney 

FRIDAY

Reading Club

Lunchtime

All

Mrs Thompson

FRIDAY 

MUSIC - drums

During the day 

All  

Mr Milner 

FRIDAY 

Dance 

3:20-4:20pm 

All  

CC 

EVERY DAY 

After school child-care 

Additional provision is available via the following partner organisations: Playdays; Woodlings Nursery; Burbage Preschool.  Please ask for details. 

 French club booking link (Autumn term 2023): French Classes Buxton, Sheffield SW & Leek - Kidslingo